Welcome Block Club Members and visitors. The JO Block Club is one of the oldest running block clubs in the Province and prides itself on the top quality of service its members gives back to its athletic community. In addition to participating in school athletics, the Block Club is also responsible for school pep rallies, tournaments and the grade 8/9 indoor track meet.
This year’s Block Club sponsors are Ms. Haysom, Mr. Jabillo and Ms. Matheson
Below is the 2017-2018 Block Club Executive (to be added shortly)
- VP Boys:
- VP Girls:
- Boys Rep:
- Girls Rep:
Block Club Meeting Dates 2017-2018 School Year:
Exectuve Meetings: TBA
General Block Club Meetings: TBA
Important Block Club Dates/Events:
- JO Clubs Day— (date to be confirmed)
- Christmas Tree Sales–mid-November – December
- JO Girls Joker Classic Tournament–(date to be confirmed)
- JO Boys Joker Classic Tournament–(date to be confirmed)
- JO Indoor Track Meet–Spring TBA. Posters will need to be completed before Spring Break.
- JO Athletics Awards Ceremony– June 2015 (date to be confirmed)
CHRISTMAS TREE LOTS/SIGN-UP:
A sign-up calandar will be posted outside of Main Gym Office Door for December Christmas Tree Lot Shifts. In-season athletes must complete 1 shift minimum, in-season managers must complete 2 shifts minimum, and out of season athletes are encouraged to provide a minimum of 3 shifts.
Block Club Point System
- Please see Ms. Haysom, Mr. Jabillo, Ms. Matheson or a Block Club Executive Member to confirm your points and standing within the Block Club.
|Indoor Track Meet Grade 8||0.5|
|Indoor Track Meet Grade 9||0.5|
|Manager||0.5||Part time manager – default unless coach indicates differently|
|1.0||Full time manager|
|Officials/Scorekeepers||0.5||Part time official (<10 hours)|
|1.0||Full time official (>15 hours)|
|Participant||0.5||Must participate in at least 2 intramurals throughout the year in order to receive points. You must also tell your PE teacher that you are participating in order to receive the points.|
|Points for Blocks|
|Big Block 1||10|
|Big Block 2||13|
|Big Block 3||16|
|**In order to remain in block club athletic service in the form of officiating, scorekeeping, event planning is required.|