At the recent October 2016 JO PAC meeting (all parents of all John Oliver students are members of the PAC by the way and are welcome to attend the meetings), clubs and teams and departments presented their wish lists for PAC funding/help, and below is the list of what we have decided to focus our fundraising efforts on this year.
The truth is, though, that we can’t fund everything on the list with the money we have in our PAC bank account from the BC Lottery grant and previous fundraising efforts. We will be having a direct drive this fall and a fundraising bingo night in January 2017 (and possibly more events).
Can you help? You can donate *HERE* *NOW* to JO PAC (Paypal or credit card) (cheques are also OK)
2016/2017 Student and Teacher Funding Requests:
- Dry Grad and Grad Breakfast – $4500
- Wrestling Team (attending national championship event) – $3000
- Aboriginal Club – $700
- Grade 8 Lunch Time Drop In Club – $300
- Robotics Club – $2000
- Boys Club – $1000
- Manitoba Music Exchange – $2000
- Safeteen Program – $2300
- Photography Club – $1200
- LALS Cooking Program – $600
- Student Council (to help put on events, build student engagement) – $500
The JO PAC will fund some of these requests with Gaming Grant money, but not all of these requests can be fulfilled without extra fundraising/donations.
And, there are still outstanding requests from other years such as:
- Risers for the Choir (improves performance/sound) – $2000
- Tuba for the band (we have no tuba!) – $2500
- Camera Lens – $2000
- Travel Bags for Mini School field studies – $300
- Art Hanging System for the Learning Commons – $200
- Athletics – need more funds for referees and tournament costs!
For information on any of these items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can get you a tax receipt for your donation for the current tax year but need your contact details including name + address).
If you have any other fundraising ideas, please contact us!