Our School History

Seymour School was started in 1900 and completed in 1901. It was named after Sir Edward Hobart Seymour, an Admiral in the British Navy.

The School contained eight classrooms. It was built in the most handsome and latest design of the day. The outside fire escape was built for added safety.

In 1906, the construction of the second Admiral Seymour School building began. The school opened for pupils in 1907.